The HK Skipper RC plane is classified as an “all terrain” plane but it really excels at flying from water. Notice also how impressed the bystanders were with this model.
To be honest, there’s little to fault with this model, it flies very nicely and makes the task of taking off and landing from water incredibly simple. As you can see in the video, it is very forgiving and even at very high angles of attack, the delta wing produces little more than a gentle stall.
– good build quality
– a great stable but aerobatic design
– easy take-offs and landings on water, grass or other surfaces
– well priced (even when not on special)
– very fast build time (under 15 minutes)
– servos are pretty crappy
– does not handle cross-winds well when taxiing on water
It’s a ball… this is one of those “must have” models, even if you don’t have a lake to fly from.