The Dolphin Jet EDF from HobbyKing surprised me with its sparkling performance, for what is essentially an EDF trainer plane.
Although not over-powered by any stretch, it is aerobatic and will get along at a reasonable speed if you want it to.
– quick build (under 30 minutes and no glue required)
– easy to fly (perfect first EDF model)
– can be flown with or without undercarriage
– comes with everything but a battery and receiver
– uses cheap 2200mAH 3S batteries
– can be set up as a pusher-prop craft as well
– a canopy that doesn’t need rubber bands as well as magnets
– nice and cheap ($65+shipping at the time of review)
– noisy, unbalanced fan unit
– wire linkages slightly too long, requiring clevises to be wound up as far as they’ll go
I like it. I bought this one for Barry but may buy another one for myself and fit a 70mm EDF to it with a 4S battery for a little more excitement.
Time will tell if the double-sided tape on the tail is up to the job and whether the unbalanced EDF fan explodes with more use though.
Link to product: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__28555__Dolphin_Jet_EDF_EPO_1010mm_ARF.html